Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

St. Lukaskirche

St. Lukas (St. Luke's; German: Lukaskirche) is the largest Protestant church in Munich, southern Germany. It was built in 1893-1896, designed by Albert Schmidt. St. Lukas is the only almost perfectly preserved Lutheran parish church of the historical Munich. St. Lukas is located on the banks of the Isar, between the Steinsdorfstraße and Mariannenplatz. Although the ground belongs to Mariannenplatz (Mariannenplatz 3), the main entrance is found at the Steinsdorfstraße. The two east towers and the almost 64 meter high dome shape the buildings on the western Isarkai. Although St. Lukas is called Der Dom Der Münchner Protestanten (The cathedral of Munich Protestants), the church is not a seat of a bishop.

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on June 2, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Mark Cruz
    • Camera: Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. DiMAGE G600
    • Taken on 2012/05/15 14:33:50
    • Exposure: 0.004s (1/250)
    • Focal Length: 11.30mm
    • F/Stop: f/5.500
    • ISO Speed: ISO50
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash