Unusual residential house for this area of the city. The beaver, bear and mink furs came from Canada, but for many years Toronto inferiority complex vis-a-vis NYC, EVERYTHING, what came from New York, was deemed superior.
In 1923, Kotsaboikidis Brothers opened their doors to the public in Toronto. Not sure, when they moved to this location. The ill fitting, odd looking front was added in about 1912.
George and Frederick Perkins were business partners. They owned “Perkins Inc. and Co.” – wholesale grocers and importer of wines and spirits. Their warehouse/shop was at 43 Front St. East.