The Chicago Marine Safety Station [CMSS}, built in 1936, accommodates the Chicago Marine Police, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, and the United States Coast Guard. It's architecture is especially noteworthy because it is an example of original Cape Cod architecture so seldom seen outside of New England and the Canadian Maritime provinces. This building was an abandoned Coast Guard station. After 9/11 it was reactivated and renovated in 2005. It now houses a high-tech computerized command center and the Joint Operations Conference room with video screen. The interior space that includes three dormers and a floating boat dock system provided by the Chicago Park District. The station also houses Chicago’s first geothermal system designed to decrease fuel consumption by making good use of water from the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. The Illinois Clean Energy Foundation provided the grant for the system. This building was known by many names throughout the years, including, Coast Guard Station Old Chicago, Coast Guard Lifeboat Station Old Chicago, Coast Guard Station Chicago, Chicago Police Marine Unit Headquarters and now after the completed revitalization, it's named Chicago Marine Safety Station.