The Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Building or Carson, Pirie, Scott and Company Store, now the Sullivan Center, is a commercial building at 1 South State Street at the corner of East Madison Street in Chicago. It was designed by Louis Sullivan for the retail firm Schlesinger & Mayer in 1899, and expanded by him and subsequently sold to H.G. Selfridge & Co. in 1904. That firm occupied the structure for only a matter of weeks before it sold the building (the land under it was owned at the time by Marshall Field) to Otto Young, who then leased it to Carson Pirie Scott for $7,000 per month. Subsequent additions were completed by Daniel Burnham in 1906 and Holabird & Root in 1961. The building has been used for retail purposes since 1899, and has been a Chicago Landmark since 1975. It is part of the Loop Retail Historic District.