A church has stood in Semley since Norman times. However the present church is Victorian. The rebuilding was begun in 1866 by the Rector of Semley. He took down the old chancel and built a new one at his own expense. The rest of the building was demolished in 1874 and rebuilt around the new chancel in Perpendicular style. The Church contains some fine stained glass, this includes a spectacular window in the Lady Chapel designed by Henry Haig in memory of WPC Yvonne Fletcher who was tragically shot while on duty at the Libyan Embassy in St James Square, London and died on the 17th April 1984.