Anderson's Foundry Company head office building at 126 Cashell Street Christchurch. Just after the Feb 22nd 2011 earthquake. This building has been demolished now. It was an Historic Places Trust registered building constructed 1881 and designed by William Armson it was the only really good Gothic Venetian building in Christchurch. The foundry was (originally) just behind the building.
Anderson's Foundry (later Anderson and co.) were the contracted supplier of the water pipes and valves and other reticulation hardware for the falling mains and town piping of the Oamaru town water supply. They in turn, and despite the fact that they had set up as cast iron founders and had a reputation for that, placed the order for the pipes and valves with Alley and Mclennan in Glasgow (Scotland)
this photograph is from Ross BECKER'S Christchurch earthquake images and is free of copyright for this use. Thanks Ross - very few images of this fine building to be found but note! it's just a thin brick and plaster facade on a really lightweight timber framed structure - no wonder they all fell down.