Heald Square Monument is a bronze sculpture group by Lorado Taft in Heald Square (which technically does not exist anymore). It depicts General George Washington, and the two principal financers of the American Revolution, Robert Morris and Haym Salomon. Following Taft's 1936 death, the sculpture was completed by his associate Leonard Crunelle. The square was named for Captain Nathan Heald, commander of Fort Dearborn, which eventually became Chicago, from 1810-1812. The sculpture was designated a Chicago Landmark on September 15, 1971.