The Jeffries House is one of the oldest and most significant residences remaining in Gaffney. The house is the work of local builder Leander Baker and is the best example of the residential Italianate style in Gaffney. It was built in 1884 for prominent planter and landowner Colonel Samuel Jeffries, who owned over 10,000 acres of land in and around Gaffney. The house is a two-story, frame, Italianate style building. The house is asymmetrical in design with a large one-story porch on the main façade. This porch has chamfered posts, milled brackets, drop pendants, and a spindled railing. The main entrance has double door with arched inset glass panels and Eastlake design woodwork. Also one the main façade is a one-story square bay window which has decorative brackets. On the right elevation is a two-tiered porch with rectangular posts, sawtooth vergeboard and a spindled railing. Windows are arched four-over-four sashes with Italianate pedimented surrounds. Jeffries was prominent in political affairs and donated land for the site of the first city hall. Listed in the National Register March 27, 1986.