Nickel Plate Road no. 765 is a steam locomotive built for the Nickel Plate Road in 1944 by the Lima Locomotive Works. Classified as an "S-2" Berkshire-type steam locomotive, the locomotive is based on a 2-8-4 wheel arrangement. It operated freight and passenger trains until retirement in 1958. Following a restoration in 1979 and after a major overhaul in 2005, 765 operates in public exhibition and passenger excursion train service. It is owned and maintained by the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society, Inc (FWRHS) and listed as no. 96001010 on the National Register of Historic Places. Here it is after an excursion from Ft Wayne,IN to Lafayette, IN and return.