Harrisburg Historic District - National Register of Historic Places Ref # 76001632, date listed 19760119
. Bounded roughly by Forster, 3rd, Hanna Sts. and the Susquehanna River
. Harrisburg, PA (Dauphin County)
. The construction contract for the new cathedral was awarded to the McShane Company of Philadelphia, and construction of the church began in 1904. It was completed on March 1, 1907.
. Cruciform in shape and built at a cost of $250,000, the exterior was executed in sturdy North Carolina granite. The architectural design of the new cathedral was patterned in the Romanesque-Renaissance style. Its marble Main Altar was patterned after Bernini's which adorns the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. (1)
. References (1) St Patrick Cathedral