Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Jing'an Temple,Shanghai 9/2013

Jing'an Temple From Wikipedia

Jing'an Temple ( pinyin: Jìng'ān Sì; literally "Temple of Peace and Tranquility") is a Buddhist temple on the West Nanjing Road in Shanghai, China. Jing'an District, where it is located, is named after the temple. The temple was first built in 247 AD in the Wu Kingdom during the Three Kingdoms period of ancient China. Originally located beside the Suzhou Creek, it was relocated to its current site in 1216 during the Song Dynasty. The current temple was rebuilt in the Qing Dynasty and renovated several times. Features The Guanyin Hall

Three Southern-style main halls, each with its own courtyard, dating from the most recent reconstruction (1880):

Hall of Heavenly Kings
Hall of the Three Saints
Hall of Virtuous Works
The Precious Hall of the Great Hero, or main hall
To the east of the main hall is the Guanyin Hall. In the center of the hall is a statue of the goddess made out of camphor wood. Standing on a lotus-shaped base, it is 6.2 meters tall and weighs 5 metric tons
Opposite the hall is the Jade Buddha Hall, where a 3.8-meter jade Buddha sits in the center. It is the largest sitting jade Buddha statue in the country
Abbot's Chambers
Ming Dynasty copper bell (Hongwu Bell), weighing 3.5 tons
Stone Buddhas from the Southern and Northern Dynasties period (420-589 AD)
Show more
Show less
Dhaka

Photo details

  • Uploaded on November 4, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by F. Zaman
    • Camera: Panasonic DMC-TZ7
    • Taken on 2013/08/30 12:50:33
    • Exposure: 0.003s (1/400)
    • Focal Length: 4.10mm
    • F/Stop: f/4.000
    • ISO Speed: ISO80
    • Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV
    • No flash