Panoramio is closing. Learn how to back up your data.

Holy Trinity Cathedral. Свято-Троицкий Кафедральный собор

Holy Trinity Cathedral was built on the spot where was the first city church , consecrated January 15, 1791 . After 40 years, it has become old and in its place St. Petersburg architects L. Charlemagne-Bode and P.Viskonti designed the new church. In 1837, this place was consecrated for a new church . In the 1860s, the church built a large stone bell tower . A little later, between the bell tower and the church was built connecting chapel . The area of the church has doubled . In 1934, the Communists closed the temple and turned it into a warehouse. It was open to parishioners during the German occupation in 1942. In 1956 began the restoration work . Later comes the impressive restoration of the exterior and interior of the church , including the area surrounding the cathedral. Near to cathedral walls there are burial places of the diocesan bishops , abbots of the cathedral, the founders of the church. In the cathedral are shrine : the icon of the Holy Trinity , the icon of "Crying Savior", Mother of God, the tomb from St. Nicholas ( Bryansk ) Cathedral. The cathedral has a daily divine service, rites are performed.

Свято-Троицкий Кафедральный собор был построен на месте, где была первая городская церковь, освященная 15 января 1791 года. Через 40 лет она обветшала и на ее месте петербургские архитектораы Л. Шарлеманю-Боде и П.Висконти спроектировали новую церковь. В 1837 году было освящено место под новый храм. В 1860-х годах перед церковью строится большая каменная колокольня. Немного позже между колокольней и храмом был построен соединительный придел. Площадь церкви увеличилась вдвое. В 1934 году коммунисты закрыли храм и превратили его в склад. Он был открыт для прихожан во время немецкой окупации в 1942 году. В 1956 году были начаты реставрационные работы. Позже происходит впечатляющая реставрация внешнего и внутреннего убранства храма, в том числе и территории, окружающей собор. У стен собора находятся захоронения епархиальных архиереев, настоятелей собора, создателей храма. В соборе находятся святыни: икона Святой Троицы, икона «Плачущий Спаситель»; иконы Божией Матери; гробница из Свято-Николаевского (Брянского) собора. В соборе проходят ежедневные службы, совершаются требы.

Show more
Show less

Photo details

  • Uploaded on November 30, 2013
  • © All Rights Reserved
    by Buts Yuri