Carn Gloose is actually south-east of Cape Cornwall. The 70-fathom level of Cape Cornwall Mine extends for 170 fathoms north-west of the Cape. Until about 1905 there were actually two engine houses on the south side of the Cape!
In fact this should not be called Cape Cornwall... A cape is defined as where two major bodies of water meet and it was presumed that this headland was the most westerly in Cornwall and therefore where the Atlantic and (possibly) the Celtic Sea/St George's Channel met. Until the Ordnance Survey in 1801 when it was discovered that Lands End was further west. However the headland was already named, as was Lands End, so the name stuck.
The engine house in the foreground is Wheal Edward stamps, part of Wheal Owles. In January 1893 twenty mines were drowned here in an accident which closed the mine. The bodies were never recovered. The Crowns engine houses of Botallack Mine are low down on the cliff to the left; calciner stack (built in about 1860 for the stamps engine) behind the engine house and the stack for Allen's Shaft engine (built about 1907) righ background.
This is the Cargodna or West Wheal Owles pumping engine house, part of Wheal Owles and not Botallack Mine. The boiler house is on the right in this photo and the engine pond behind the photographer.