This sign is posted along the trail from the Little Pool Access Area Parking Lot to Little Pool, where the path crosses the Western Mayland Rail Trail. This trail is only about 100 yards long.
While the water wheel powered the mill in 1947, when the sign was posted, it has clearly been out of service for many years, and the mill is now probably electrically powered. The mill was origionally known as Hunter's Mill, but is now known as Morton's Mill.
Rock music and dancing in the tavern in the 80's, but it now appears to be a private residence.
The hatchery is open to the public during daylight hours, but the public must not feed or otherwise disturb the fish. The hatchery has a staff of three.
The stone arch bridge in the distance carries the CSX mainline across the Cacapon River.
Perhaps because the photo is labeled Hancock, WV, someone moved it to reflect the location of the label. There was a village of Hancock, WV, once upon a time, and it was on the south side of the river, in the approximate location of the present, incorrect, but now unchangeable location of the photo.
This photo is presently mislocated, and is currently placed on the wrong side of the river in West Virginia. It should be placed on the north side of the Potomac River in Maryland, about 3/4 mile north of its current location.
The Tree Of Life is a symbol some Quakers resonate to.
On the fourth Sunday of the Month, the meeting is held at the other meeting house at Washington St. and Picadilly Street in Winchester.
The two doors on the sunlit side of the building were separate entrances for men and women when the building was built in 1759, but for many years the common entrance under the porch has been used.