A view looking south of Dawlish seafront.
....and not far from the previous Fire Station, Teignmouth Railway station. This station was opened by the South Devon Railway Company on the 30th May 1846 as the terminus of its first section from Exeter. On the 31st December that year the line was extended to Newton Abbot. The single platform was augmented by a second one late in 1848. The line runs from Exeter to Plymouth.
The church of St Michael the Archangel is to the east of the town.
Holcombe is a village on the A379 road between Teinbridge and Dawlish. Smugglers Lane at the bottom of the village gives access under the South Devon Railway sea wall to the beach as shown here.
The walk between Teignmouth and Holcombe Head with the GWR track beside the seafront.
.......and finally with the sun gone down!
See previous photos.
See previous photo.
Holidays are not complete without sunset photos. Only one evening did we have any luck!
Another view of Ness Head.