More River Cam views.
This bridge is the oldest of Cambridge's current bridges.
This is a popular name for a wooden footbridge in the southwest of central Cambridge, bridging the River Cam. Its official name is simply The Wooden Bridge. It was designed by William Etheridge and built by James Essex in 1749. It has been rebuilt on two occasions in 1866 and 1905. Although it appears to be an arch it is composed entirely of straight timbers built to an unusually sophisticated engineering design, hence the name.
Another view of Silver Street Bridge.
This bridge is located in the southwest of central Cambridge linking Queen's Road to the west with Trumpington Street to the east.
This College is notable as the only college founded by the Cambridge townspeople. It was established in 1352 by the Guilds of Corpus Christi and the Blessed Virgin Mary making it the sixth oldest college in Cambridge.
King's was founded in 1441 by Henry VI soon after he founded its sister college in Eton. However the King's plans for the college were disrupted by the War of the Roses, a scarcity of funds and his deposition. Little progress was made on the college until 1508 when Henry VII began to take an interest. The building of the college's chapel begun in 1446 was finally finished in 1544 during the reign of Henry VIII. King's College Chapel is regarded as one of the greatest examples of late Gothic English architecture.
Another shot of our departure & return point.
Setting out on our Punt ride!
This was where we set out on our "Punting expedition"!!!