G Lokey
photos
on Google Maps
views

G Lokey's conversations

The impressive south side of the castle taken from the bridge over the River Avon.

Taken from The Mound, the boathouse, River Avon and jousting arena.

A Victorian boathouse situated on the island where the River Avon separates and flows on either side. Boat trips can be had from here!

See previous pic.

The River Avon viewed from Caesar's Tower.

Viewed from Guys Tower.

Viewed from Guys Tower, Warwick Castle, this church has the status of collegiate church as it had a college of secular canons, the clergy not the guns! The church foundations date back nearly 900 years being created by Roger de Beaumont, 2nd Earl of Warwick in 1123. In addition to founding the church he established the college of Deans and Canons at the church. The crypt is now the only surviving part of the Norman church he built. The church, along with much of Warwick, was devastated by the Great Fire of Warwick in 1694, the nave and tower being completely destroyed. In 1704 the church was rebuilt and completed in Gothic design by William Wilson. The tower rises to a height of 130 feet and the building is in a mostly classical style unlike the balustrades along the top of the building!

Another view from Guys Tower.

And this picture is taken from Guys Tower.

See previous re Guys Tower. This tower shape is described as Trilobed - having three lobes. It consists of six storeys and is 44 metres high. The lowest storey is a dungeon and the second, third and fourth storeys were constructed as family quarters. The fifth storey was an ammunition store and the sixth a guardroom with easy access to two tiers of battlements.

Friends

  • loading Loading…

 

G Lokey's groups