Fort Casey & Keystone State Park
Originally the major focus of the "Triangle of Death" designed to prevent a naval invasion, Fort Casey now welcomes visitors to its battlements and the charming Admiralty Head Lighthouse. The fort's 10-inch “disappearing”guns are now aimed across busy shipping lanes filled with freighters, and passenger ships, as well as naval cruisers, aircraft carriers, and submarines. Don't miss beautiful Crockett Lake and Keystone Spit, adjacent to Fort Casey. Both abound with birds and marine life. Unforgettable vistas of water and mountains await. Take the ferry to Port Townsend from here or check out the activities at the Casey Conference Center. Keystone State Park is a favorite of fishermen and scuba divers Located three miles south of Coupeville on Highway 20. From Coupeville, go south on Hwy 20 watching for signs to the park and to Keystone Ferry Landing.
Some history: This three-story warehouse was built by Stephen Glascock, founder of the Washington Grocery Company, in 1912. He served as President of the Bellingham Chamber of Commerce and was very instrumental in obtaining wholesale railroad rates for Bellingham.
Panoramio Founders Joaquín, Jose and Eduardo are asking for help to save the Panoramio.
Sign this letter in support of the site!
Keep The Panoramio Community Alive!
This is my husbands grandfathers gas station from the 1940's. It was a Sunoco station called Savage Service. It was nice to see someone found the old gas station interesting.
This is dorms for Gettysburg College
History: This building was constructed for Mr. Sorgenfrei. It originally was a Pontiac dealership. In recent years it has housed automobile garages and an antique store. It currently contains an automobile garage.
Description: False front Commercial. Wood frame set on concrete foundation; rectangle with shed-roofed addition on south façade; 3 bays wide; 1-story; painted brick block exterior; tar-papered gable rood with stepped falsefront on north façade; off-set plate glass door with transom on north façade. Exterior features include large, multi-pane fixed sash; flat roof canopy over gas pumps; hinged, double garage doors.
History: The Tyee Restaurant originally began as a small, single room barber shop located on the corner of Main Street and Terry Road. In 1926, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Partridge purchased the building from Walt Stoddard and added a dining room. In 1929, the structure was moved to its present location and the second story was added. Pat’s Place contained a restaurant, hotel, barber shop and confectionery store. It became a landmark in the area due to the friendliness of the Partridge’s. Pat’s Place sponsored the local baseball team, served school lunches, provided housing for local school teachers, and rented rooms to traveling salesmen and others.
Description: False Front Commercial. Wood frame set on post and block/concrete foundation; 1-story false front addition on south façade and 1-story flat roof addition on east façade; 2-stories