Raúlgh
Best photos All photos
photos
on Google Maps
views
« Previous12345Next »

Raúlgh's conversations

The Balclutha, a XIX-Century vessel preserved in the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park.

Victorian Houses in Alamo Square, known as Painted Ladies.

The Dutch Windmill in the western border of the Golden Gate Park. Completed in 1902 and repaired in 1980.

Mission San Francisco de Asís - The oldest building in San Francisco. Founded in 1776 by Lieutenant José Joaquin Moraga and Father Francisco Palóu. Click here for the wikipedia article

Muchas gracias cristal,

En realidad la foto es de la Gaviota, fue el puente lo que apareció ahí sin saber como ;)

Un saludo,

Raúl

In 1632, during the Thirty Years war the Danes built a fortress called Christianspries in the narrowest part of the Kieler Förde. It was occupied by the Swedes in 1643, being used as naval base until 1645. During 1663-1667, a new fortress was built and named Friedrichsort after the Danish King Frederick IV. In 1813 the fort was conquered and occupied for one year by the Swedish. In 1864 the Danes lost the Duchies of Schleswig, Holstein and Lauenburg and the Prussians took control of the Friedrichsort castle. The building was almost totally destroyed during the XX century, however part of the moat and the walls (hidden by the vegetation) are still visible.

The Holtenau Lighthouse (1895). Built to guide the ships into the Kiel canal locks. The Kiel canal (originally "Kaiser Wilhelm Canal") was opened on 21st June 1895 by Kaiser Wilhelm II.

Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) is a shipyard founded in Kiel in 1838. They built several U-boats during WW-I and WW-II and they are still the world leader in the construction of non-nuclear submarines. The HDW tall cranes in the eastern shore of the Förde are a distinctive part of Kiel urban landscape.

Bridges over the Nord-Ostsee-Kanal (km 96.6) in Kiel: The Olympiabrücke (1969-1972) and Hochbrücke Holtenau (1992-1996). Lenght 518 m, width 15m, max pile height 38 m. The original Prinz-Heinrich-Brücke, built in 1912, was demolished in 1992.

Friends

  • loading Loading…

 

Raúlgh's groups