A native Sawtooth Banksia (Banksia Serrata) in flower near Carrington Falls.
The cllock tower on the historic Department of Lands Building, view from Farrer Place. Education Department building on the right.
First Fleet Park, view from the Cahill Expressway walkway. Museum of Contemporary Art to the left, the International Cruise terminal to the right, and Harbour Bridge in the background. First Fleet Park is of outstanding heritage significance being near the site of the landing of the First Fleet in 1788.
This cannon is from HMS Sirius, which escorted the First Fleet to Sydney in 1788. It is located with a cast iron bow anchor also from the Sirius.
The Federation building, which houses the Sydney Cove Oyster Bar, dates back to 1908. It was constructed for the workers at Burns Philip & Co as part of the wharf facilities that serviced the Island trading ships during the early to mid 1900s. The Oyster Bar was opened for Australia's bicentenial in 1988.
Sydney Town Hall, view from the south side.
Thanks Stuart :)
The Haymarket ranch of the City Of Sydney Library is located in this old building at 744 George Street.
The Lindt Cafe in Martin Place, site of the 2014 Terrorist Attack.
Major-General Lachlan Macquarie was the fifth and last autocratic Governor of New South Wales from 1810 to 1821, and had a leading role in the social, economic and architectural development of the colony. He is considered by historians to have had a crucial influence on the transition of New South Wales from a penal colony to a free settlement and therefore to have played a major role in the shaping of Australian society in the early nineteenth century. This bronze statue is located within the grounds of the Old Mint museum in Macquarie Street, and was unveiled in 1998.